The flowers are blooming, the bees are buzzing, and the wine is pouring in Paso Robles wine country. Grab your pals and join us this spring - we have everything you need for a fun filled getaway from disc golf to farm tours and it all culminates during Wine Festival Weekend May 20-23. Plan your trip with these ideas and be prepared to stay awhile with so much to do!
Top Things to Do During Wine Festival Weekend - May 20-23, 2021
Get a taste of Paso Robles wine country during Wine Festival Weekend, a four-day promotion put on by the Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance. This year’s Wine Festival will not feature the traditional festival in the downtown park, due to the pandemic. However, each winery throughout the region – more than 150 – will host wine tastings, winemaker dinners, exclusive outdoor excursions, and unique intimate experiences. A sampling of how to explore wine country includes:
- Barr Estate Winery – Relax and sip the estate grown boutique wines at Barr Estate with woodfired pizzas courtesy of Sweet Lew’s.
- Bushong Vintage Company – Join Winemaker Jason Bushong and team for a special tasting through their library vintages, normally only accessible to club members. The tasting includes a delicious cheese and charcuterie plate.
- Cass Winery – Join Cass Winery for two fun experiences on Friday, May 21. Start the day off with an Outdoor Excursion: Make your own Boutique Body Scrub with Life Elements and later that evening gather on their veranda for gorgeous views and a delicious Sunset Seafood Boil.
- Harmony Cellars - Savor your sweet tooth with a Wine & Cupcake Pairing.
- Locatelli Vineyards & Winery – Get out in the vineyards at Locatelli with Open Air Ranch Vehicle Vineyard Tours, sip on award-winning wines while listening to live music, and getting a taste of their famous burgers.
- Opolo Vineyards – Add the Sunset Crab Feed at Opolo to your weekend list. Dive into delicious seafood, sip on award-winning wines, and listen to live music as the sun sets over Paso.
- Riverstar Vineyards – Indulge in tasting flights and cheese plates while enjoying live music from local music group Les Beck.
- Vino Vargas – Start off Friday of Wine Festival Weekend with Happy Hour from 4-7pm featuring wine and cheese pairings.
It’s Not All Wine
Get out and enjoy the fresh spring air in Paso Robles with activities for the whole family.
Disc Golf at Castoro Cellars
Challenge your family and friends to a round of disc golf at the 18-hole course at Castoro Cellars. Whether you’re a beginner or have some practice under your belt, the course suits all levels. It’s the perfect way to enjoy Paso’s beautiful outdoors and impress your friends, just try throwing a frisbee first.
SLO County Farm Trail
Paso Robles stays true to its roots by sharing California's rich agricultural heritage. Become an agritourist and experience the California lifestyle through the many ag-based activities and adventures in and around Paso. Check out the SLO County Farm Trail for a list of tours and classes ranging from olive oil and vinegar tastings to beekeeping.
Experience wine country from a different perspective at Bruce Munro: Light at Sensorio. The outdoor art display illuminates 15-acres of Paso Robles countryside, highlighting the rolling hills of wine country and stunning beauty of Paso’s night sky. Dive into local art at Studios on the Park, a nonprofit open studios art center located in the heart of historic downtown. If you’re looking to learn about some rich history, visit the Estrella Warbirds Museum housing an impressive collection of military planes, vehicles, and munitions.
Beer, Spirits & Cider, Oh My
Wine not your thing? Mix it up with a visit to Tin City, home to Wine Shine Distillery, Tin City Cider, and Barrelhouse Brewing Co. Barrelhouse features a family-friendly outdoor beer garden, food trucks, and live music. If you want to discover more in the craft spirits movement, view the Paso Robles Distillery Trail composed of 9 Paso Robles distilleries.
Book Your Stay
If you’re wondering how to fit all of your travel plans into one weekend, we propose a simple solution – extend your stay through the week! Experience the slower side of Paso with wine tastings and excursions in the beginning of the week. You’ll feel like you have Paso to yourself.
Rest your head at Paso’s premium lodging properties. The new Oxford Suites provides a great home base with a pool and fire pits, just blocks from dining delicious dining and great shopping downtown. If you’ll be working remotely, check out Paso Robles Vacation Rentals for the perfect fit. For those looking to stay under the stars, check out CAVA Robles RV Resort and Wine Country RV. Whatever your needs, Paso has the perfect accommodations for your travel crew.
Tag @TravelPaso in your Paso Robles adventures!
Upload your photos below to enter the competition!