Romance in Wine Country
Love is in the air and there's a lot to love about Valentine's Day in Paso Robles wine country — from romantic vineyard escapes to sweet events and specials, there's no place like Paso to send the sparks flying. Whether you're celebrating solo this year or raising a glass at date night, Paso has the perfect plans for you.
Skip the roses, we want rosé
Roses are red, violets are blue... Paso Robles is the perfect romantic destination for two. Delight your loved ones with the roses they really want! In need of a last minute gift — purchase a Bouquet of Rosés from DAOU, a pretty little trio package of their 2020 Reserve Rosé. Then head to Grey Wolf and Barton Family Wines on Valentine's weekend to celebrate rosé and soulmates with their 2021 Soul Mate Rosé Release! There will cupcake pairings, special couple's pairing boards for 2, live music by Emily Smith and The Starlings Band, and of course, rosé flowing.
Ride off into the Sunset
Round up your cowboy or cowgirl and set off on a sunset horseback ride through Paso Robles wine region. Central Coast Trailrides offers unique, guided horseback riding experiences on California’s Central Coast. Partnering with local wineries, private ranches, vacation properties, and local state land, they bring you customizable packages so you can make the most of your ride. For the ultimate romantic ride, book the Hilltop Vista Sunset Ride at Cass Winery. This 1.5 hour, evening ride allows you to take in the grandness of the entire vineyard property as the sun begins to fade.
Downtown Date Night
Upgrade your date night with a stroll through Paso's charming downtown city park hand-in-hand, soaking in the sights and savoring the local flavors. With plenty of downtown lodging options to choose from, you can enjoy a brief walk from your hotel to downtown Paso's shops, restaurants and tasting rooms. Make a day of it — spend the afternoon shopping and wine tasting before heading back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. Make your way back downtown for drinks at Tetto's Rooftop Lounge, enjoy a romantic dinner at one of Paso's delicious downtown restaurants (try sharing all the apps at The Hatch!), then catch a live performance at AMSTRDM Piano Lounge or Libretto.
The Perfect Pair-ing
The perfect pair goes together like good food and wine. Celebrate a match made in heaven with a gourmet food and wine pairing experience. Take part in a fun, flirty Valentine's Day pairing event like Donati Wine & Spirits' Macaron and Wine pairing, or stop by the Paso Market Walk and create your own pairing picnic to take home. While you're at the Paso Market Walk, be sure to stop by the Grand Opening of LouLou Cheese Girl February 10th-12th — Paso's new go-to cheese & charcuterie shop for all your cheese-plate needs. Add a bottle of wine from the Paso Robles Wine Merchant and some festive Valentine's Day sweets from Just Baked, and you're good to go!
Enter to Win the Sweetest Valentine's Day at Paso Market Walk
Paso Market Walk is offering the sweetest Valentine's Day Giveaway with 13 participating purveyors, valued at over $1200, including a one night stay at The Lofts at the Market! Don't miss the chance to win gift cards, wine, swag and more from some of your favorite local shops. For more information and to enter the giveaway, click here.
Long walks in Wine Country
If you ask us, we'll take long walks through the vineyard over long walks on the beach any day. Swap the sand for Paso's beautiful rolling hillsides this year, book a private tour and tasting experience at one of the most romantic local wineries in town. Check out our guides below to find wineries with picture-perfect views, hidden caves, and charming outdoor patios where you can sit and watch the day go by.
All the single ladies, put your hands up! (So we can fill them with a glass of wine) Grab your best gals and head to Paso Robles for a girlfriend's getaway. Allow us to wine and dine you with stylish stays, camera ready cuisine and once-in-a-lifetime wine country adventures. Here's our top 5 Galentine's Day activities we think you'll fall in love with...
1) Men disappoint but mimosas never do. Start your day off fully satisfied with the brunch of your dreams. We love Brunch Paso for being a female-owned and operated business and for their Mimosa Mondays; enjoy girl-boss energy and half off mimosas with your #brunchbabes.
2) What happens in Wine Country. Save the romantic dinners for another day, instead tour a vineyard or take part in a wine class. Get your chocolate fix with Cass Winery's Decadent Dessert & Wine Pairing Class, where Sommelier Cass Tarantino will lead you through a pairing and tasting of some of the best (and most unique) wines to pair with decadent desserts. Feeling adventurous? A zipline tour over the grapevines is sure to give you butterflies.
3) Pretty pink drinks. Cocktail queens know that no great girl's trip is complete without a few photogenic drinks. Hop from Fish Gaucho to Alchemist's Garden to Eleven Twenty-Two Speakeasy for the coolest drinks in town. Or check out Tin City, home to SLO Cider (try the rosé cider or the Dolly) and Barrelhouse Brewing Co.
4) Single and ready to sip & socialize. Not feeling lovey-dovey this year? Single and ready to mingle? Galantine's Day or bust? Celebrate Anti-Valentine's Day this year with Tooth & Nail Winery's Singles Valentine's Day Soirée. Head to the castle for a night of wine, complimentary small bites and a dessert bar to celebrate (or not) Valentine's Day.
5) Slumber party in style. Book the perfect stay for your ladies getaway, with a diverse collection of lodging properties to choose from. If you're crushing on cowboy country, you'll love the country chic style of Stables Inn. If you're ~ obsessed ~ with champagne and sparkle, you'll love the Moet vending machine, rooftop bar, and blush pink details at The Piccolo. If you're traveling with your entire sorority of 6+ bridesmaids... check out a roomy vacation rental for a little extra space.