As another exciting summer shifts into a busy fall, it's time for a much deserved break to soak up the end of the season.
Nothing beats a long weekend... Whether you're into history, cuisine, outdoor adventure or just looking for a lazy weekend in one of the best small towns on the Central Coast, Paso Robles has you covered.
Good Day on the Green
Honor the red, white, blue (and green) with a day well-spent outdoors.
Hunter Ranch, known for its pristine course and remarkable dining, has arguably some of the best views in town. Set atop the highest point in Paso Robles, enjoy views of vineyards and rolling hills while playing between oak trees and natural lakes. After your round, stop by the Hunter Ranch Grill, recognized as one of the best dining experiences in Paso Robles– there is even a dog friendly menu offered for your furry companions. Not feeling competitive on your weekend off? Hit the driving range for some no-pressure practice.
Once a private club, the beautifully conditioned Paso Robles Golf Club now welcomes all. This classic course has the perfect balance of challenge and fun, yet not overwhelming to the average player. The clubhouse has panoramic views from Deed's Bar & Grill and veranda. Come for a lesson, or book a Group Outing — perfect for a family, social or business event of 20-40 people.
Trade in your golf clubs for a round of disc golf at Castoro Cellars. This course features 18 holes along a two-mile loop, peppered with old-growth oak trees and beautiful views of the vineyard. The course starts near their tasting room and winds its way throughout Whale Rock Vineyard. The scenic course is fun yet challenging, and perfect for all skill levels.
Learn more about golf in Paso Robles.
Vineyard Tour & Tasting
Kick back, relax and un-wine-d.
Chase the peace and quiet (and the aesthetic!) at our favorite outdoor tasting spots.
- Booker Vineyard: Enjoy an open layout indoor/outdoor tasting space while overlooking the perfectly groomed vineyard.
- DAOU Vineyards: DAOU Mountain stands alone at an elevation of 2,200 feet making this an amazing view of the rugged coastal range west of Paso Robles.
- Opolo Vineyards: Off the picturesque Vineyard Drive, is Opolo Vineyards where you will find a hilltop with gorgeous vineyard views.
- Sculpterra Winery: At this memorable ultra premium wine experience, you will also find a multi‑million dollar sculpture garden surrounded by 360 views of vineyard and rolling hills.
- Calcareous Vineyard: Indulge your senses in the award winning wines and breathtaking views at Calcareous Vineyard.
- Halter Ranch Vineyard: In the heart of Paso Robles’ Westside Adelaida District, you can taste 100% estate‑grown wines while surrounded by the vineyard views that grew them.
- Le Cuvier: At this stunning hilltop winery you can find exquisite small‑production wines.
- Croad Vineyards: Off Oakdale Road, enjoy panoramic views at this beautiful hilltop mission style winery.
- Niner Wine Estates: Enjoy a tasting with estate‑grown wines and farm‑to‑table inspired lunch at beautiful Niner Wine Estates.
- Pear Valley Vineyard: Experience the beauty of this vineyard as you overlook the hills from an elevated tasting room.
- Vina Robles Vineyard & Winery: Transport yourself to a charming patio tasting and romantic bistro.
- Eberle Winery: Escape to an airy patio paradise complete with lawn games, umbrellas and lots of wine.
Barbecue, Beer and Burgers
Binge your favorite comfort foods.
It may be an unpopular opinion or it might just be the Central Coast's best kept secret... but we think the perfect food and wine pairing involves barbecue, and Jeffry's Wine Country Barbecue is proof. Jeffry's is known for its delicious, made-from-scratch wine country BBQ — including award-winning mac & cheese, smoked tri-tip, salads, appetizers, desserts and craft beer and local wines to wash it down.
For another favorite wine country taste, we love TASTE! Craft Eatery. This family-owned and operated restaurant is located in downtown Paso overlooking the park. This unique casual dining concept caters to locals and visitors alike. Stop by for a family style sampling of various sliders (choose from beef, lamb, pork, chicken, fish & vegetarian), macs, brussel sprouts, salads and sides.
While known for its award-winning wine selection, Paso's craft beer scene does not disappoint. Sip and snack your way through Tin City, Paso's craft beverage epicenter — home to BarrelHouse Brewing Co. and Tin City Cider. Then take a tour of local innovators like Firestone Walker Brewing Company.
Sweet Summertime Stays
Savor every second of the season with stays for every style.
While your friends up north may be pulling out their cool weather sweaters, Paso is still soaking up the sunshine and summertime heat. Extend the season with a getaway that takes you back to the start of the summer and gives all your followers serious vacation envy. Here in Paso your day of play doesn't end when you check-in to your hotel... park it at a luxury RV resort, try Sun Outdoors RV Resort (previously Cava Robles) where you can end your evening grilling out or laying out by the pool. If you and your crew plan to close down the tasting room, book a vacation rental right by the vineyard! For those who never want the fun to end, make a reservation at one of the downtown hotels, walking distance from the City Park and some of Paso's best restaurants and bars. Set just off the downtown square, The Piccolo offers a modern stay with amenities like Moët & Chandon champagne vending machine and a luxurious rooftop bar. Meanwhile, Hotel Cheval features pet-friendly accommodations complete with private patios and/or an in-suite fireplace.