Travel Paso has opened the application period for the 2024 Community Event Grant to support community events January through December 2024. This program enables Travel Paso to identify events, activities and organizations that align with its mission to brand, market and promote Paso Robles as the authentic destination of choice.
To apply for the program, go to travelpaso.com/community-event-marketing-program/ for more details and to start the application. Applications are due by October 20, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. for events happening in the 2024 calendar year.
Mission Statement: Travel Paso supports local events that contribute to the experience of our visitors and the positive economic vitality of our community, while respecting the quality of life of our residents. Travel Paso recognizes that forging community partnerships with local cultural, social and recreational organizations can make significant contributions to the overall quality of life in Paso Robles as well as the ability to market the destination and enhance visitation throughout the year. Accordingly, a portion of the annual marketing budget is allocated to the Community Event Marketing Program.
- Collaboration: Applicant aligns with Travel Paso's mission, presents opportunities to work in cooperation, and shows commitment to community goals and efforts.
- Diversity: This event is accessible and inclusive to all persons, despite age, race, gender, culture and disability.
- Assortment: Selected events represent a variety of themes and targeted audiences, to encourage different groups of people to visit Paso Robles.
- Sustainability: Event is focused on the prosperity and preservation of the community and its resources, limiting the resident impact.
Travel Paso invites event producers/organizers to submit an application to be considered for the 2024 calendar year and recommends the following factors be considered and included in the application:
- Outline how the event will be marketed to destination travelers outside of the area.
- Consider the timing of the event. The goal is to avoid multiple events on the same day and to support initiatives that drive mid-week, shoulder-season and multi-night stays.
- How will the event measure overnight stays in Paso Robles?
- Opportunities for using Travel Paso’s marketing channels to promote the event.
- How can Travel Paso participate in your initiative if goals and resources align?
- How the event enhances the current visitor experience.
- The metrics used to show increases in attendance and event growth.
Travel Paso requests that applicants include the following elements to help evaluate the opportunity for partnership. Please note, the evaluation of each application is based on its own merits and is not competitive against additional applicants.
- A cover letter introducing the organization and the event(s) requesting support
- A completed Application Form
- A summary of past support received from Travel Paso and the realized results connected to that support
- A description of the event(s) requesting support in 2024 – Please include the requested level of support (financial and/or in-kind) and the associated sponsor benefits that may apply to Travel Paso
- An explanation of the anticipated impact of the event(s) requesting support and measures that will be used in evaluating this impact
Upon notification by the Travel Paso Board, 75% of the amount requested will be distributed to the event organizer. The remaining 25% will be distributed upon receipt of the post-event recap. A contract outlining the required elements and conditions will be routed for signature upon notification by the Travel Paso Board.
Media Tool Kit
All selected community organizations are required to submit a media tool kit to Travel Paso 60 days prior to the start of their event to ensure marketing collaboration with Travel Paso. This should include:
- Photo assets to be used on social platforms, website and email marketing
- Event details to be used on social platforms, website and email marketing
- A list of all social media handles and/or hashtags
- Any event promotional items and key facts about the event
Additional marketing tools may be requested upon approval. Additionally, event organizers are asked to submit event listings to the travelpaso.com website for features on the event calendar.
Travel Paso Marketing Resources
Travel Paso has a budget and resources assigned to support community events/organizations and opportunities that align with the Travel Paso mission. These resources include:
- Website support through through event listing, calendar entry and inclusion in Travel Paso blog
- Promotion of messages through our monthly consumer email communications reaching more than 12,000 people
- Outreach to lodging partners and tourism constituents through our weekly industry newsletter to communicate promotional and partnership opportunities
- Mention on our social media platforms
- Travel Paso media distribution
- Potential billboard use
- In addition to in-kind marketing support, financial support may be available when directly aligned with the goals of the Community Event Marketing Program
All selected applicants are required to:
- Display the Travel Paso logo with a link to travelpaso.com on the event website
- Share marketing assets with Travel Paso to promote the event
- Tag Travel Paso and include #TravelPaso when posting on social media
Please outline all sponsor benefits that Travel Paso will receive in the organization's application for funding. Depending on level of investment, this could include logo inclusion on emails, social media posts, tickets to events, logo inclusion on event collateral and signage, etc.
All selected applicants are required to submit a post-event recap to assist Travel Paso in better understanding the tourism impact associated with the event and to help guide future requests for support. It is recommended that your organization complete a post event survey to assist with the data needed in this recap. Completed forms should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org within 60-days of the event’s completion and no later than December 31, 2024. Failure to complete and return the post-event recap in a timely manner may result in not receiving the 25% balance of the amount awarded and be omitted from future funding consideration.
Important Application Dates for Events in 2024:
August 21, 2023: Application period opens for events occurring in the 2024 calendar year
October 20, 2023: Applications due to Travel Paso by 5:00 p.m.
Nov. 7, 2023: Review of applications by Travel Paso Marketing Committee
Nov. 14, 2023: Review of applications and funding recommendations approved by Travel Paso Board of Directors
November 2023: Public announcement