SLO Film Festival Cinema2023 Community Event Grant Applications Due November 1

Enhancing the Paso Robles experience for visitors and locals alike.

Travel Paso has opened the application period for the 2023 Community Event Grant to support community events January through December 2023. This program enables Travel Paso to identify events, activities and organizations that align with its mission to brand, market and promote Paso Robles as the authentic destination of choice.

To apply for the program, click here for more details and to start the application. Applications are due by November 1, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. for events happening in the 2023 calendar year.

Travel Paso recognizes that forging community partnerships with local cultural, social and recreational organizations can make significant contributions to the overall quality of life in Paso Robles as well as the ability to market the destination and enhance visitation throughout the year. Accordingly, a portion of the annual marketing budget is allocated to the Community Event Marketing Program.

Application Criteria

Travel Paso invites event producers/organizers to submit an application to be considered for the 2023 calendar year and recommends the following factors be considered and included in the application:

  • Outline how the event will be marketed to destination travelers outside of the area.
  • Consider the timing of the event. The goal is to avoid multiple events on the same day and to support initiatives that drive mid-week, shoulder-season and multi-night stays.
  • How will the event measure overnight stays in Paso Robles?
  • Opportunities for using Travel Paso’s marketing channels to promote the event.
  • How can Travel Paso participate in your initiative if goals and resources align?
  • How the event enhances the current visitor experience.
  • The metrics used to show increases in attendance and event growth.

Application Process

Travel Paso requests that applicants include the following elements to help evaluate the opportunity for partnership. Please note, the evaluation of each application is based on its own merits and is not competitive against additional applicants.

  • A cover letter introducing the organization and the event(s) requesting support
  • A completed Application Form
    • A summary of past support received from Travel Paso and the realized results connected to that support
    • A description of the event(s) requesting support in 2023­ – Please include the requested level of support (financial and/or in-kind) and the associated sponsor benefits that may apply to Travel Paso
    • An explanation of the anticipated impact of the event(s) requesting support and measures that will be used in evaluating this impact

Upon notification by the Travel Paso Board, 75% of the amount requested will be distributed to the event organizer. The remaining 25% will be distributed upon receipt of the post-event recap. A contract outlining the required elements and conditions will be routed for signature upon notification by the Travel Paso Board.

Media Tool Kit

All selected community organizations are required to submit a media tool kit to Travel Paso 60 days prior to the start of their event to ensure marketing collaboration with Travel Paso. This should include:

  • Photo assets to be used on social platforms, website and email marketing
  • Event details to be used on social platforms, website and email marketing
  • A list of all social media handles and/or hashtags
  • Any event promotional items and key facts about the event

Additional marketing tools may be requested upon approval. Additionally, event organizers are asked to submit event listings to the website for features on the event calendar.

Travel Paso Marketing Resources

Travel Paso has a budget and resources assigned to support community events/organizations and opportunities that align with the Travel Paso mission. These resources include:

  • Website support through through event listing, calendar entry and inclusion in Travel Paso blog
  • Promotion of messages through our monthly consumer email communications reaching more than 12,000 people
  • Outreach to lodging partners and tourism constituents through our weekly industry newsletter to communicate promotional and partnership opportunities
  • Mention on our social media platforms
  • Travel Paso media distribution
  • Potential billboard use
  • In addition to in-kind marketing support, financial support may be available when directly aligned with the goals of the Community Event Marketing Program

For more information, please contact