Head out On the Road with Jo for an outdoor adventure not to be missed!
Go off the Beaten Path in Paso Robles, CA
From golfing, biking, hiking and horseback riding, to paintball and jeep tours, outdoor enthusiasts will delight in the abundance of outdoor activities found in and around Paso Robles. Paso is a short, scenic drive from historic Missions, Hearst Castle, world-class beaches, and more!
On the Road with Jo takes you through a guided bike tour through wine country, a Range Rover tour that includes the largest living coast live oak tree on earth and water skiing and fishing at beautiful Lake Nacimiento.
Here are just a few more suggestions to help you start planning your outdoor adventure itinerary:
Golf: Paso Robles is home to Hunter Ranch Golf Course, a 4 ½ star golf course, as well as 10 additional courses within a 30-minute drive, including the Paso Robles Golf Club. Here is one expert's take on our local golf scene.
Hike: Trails abound throughout Paso, with options for the novice to the hard-core hikers. Check out Montana de Oro, the Lake Valley Loop, Oak Knoll and Quail’s Roost trails at Lake Nacimiento, or take the Salinas River Parkway. Here is more information on hiking in Paso Robles.
Horseback Riding: try your hand at driving or riding an authentic stagecoach, experience life as a rancher tending to cows and goats, head out into the countryside to join trail rides and cattle drives or ride through the hills of Paso Robles on a wine tasting excursion, or enjoy the views on horseback with Central Coast Trailrides.
Zip, Kayak & Soar: Zip over the vines, enjoy a nature-tour of Santa Margarita Lake aboard a kayak or see wine country from new heights as you soar above the vineyards for a breathtaking experience in a helicopter.
More great outdoor activities:
- Blaze a trail with a cycling tour from Paso Robles Bike Tours
- Fly through the clouds with Skydive Paso Robles
- Enjoy your wine from a new perspective with a Jeep Tour at Halter Ranch Vineyards
- Splash around at the Ravine Waterpark or test your water sport skills at Lake Nacimiento
- Hearst Castle: a quick and incredibly scenic 45-minute drive from Paso, the iconic Hearst Castle offers daily tours that take visitors back in time to relive the heyday of Hollywood when stars traveled to the “Enchanted Hill”.
- Lakes: Nestled in the Santa Lucia Mountains, enjoy swimming, water-skiing, boating, hiking and fishing at lakes Nacimiento and San Antonio. Or enjoy a nature-tour of Santa Margarita Lake.
- Historic Missions: There are three nearby California Missions include Mission San Miguel Arcangel, Mission San Antonio de Padua and Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa.
- Beaches: Paso is your gateway to North Central Coast State Beaches that span the Highway 1 corridor from Big Sur to Morro Bay. Just 30-minutes by car from Paso Robles, Central Coast beaches offer visitors picturesque views, water recreation, family fun and even an elephant seal rookery!