- Eat & Drink
- See & Do
- Paso Events
- About Paso
- Plan Your Event
Spring Wedding Trends in Paso Robles
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Spring is upon us and remains a popular season for weddings in Paso Robles. The weather is warmer and the flowers are blooming right before our eyes. I've put together a list of spring wedding trends we are bound to see over the next few months. If you are planning a spring wedding, it's not too late to incorporate some of these ideas into your wedding day festivities.
Paso Robles has it all when it comes to wedding venues. There are wineries, churches, ranches, restaurants, parks and
ballrooms. Your dream wedding could take place in the gardens of the historic Paso
Robles Inn or on the beautiful grounds of Zenaida Cellars. Beautiful wedding venues and the latest wedding trends: what more can a bride ask for?
2013 Wedding Trends
- Creative food and menu’s for spring are on their way. Menu’s designed to showcase one specific ingredient are becoming more popular, such as olive oil, rosemary, lemon or herbs. Often, we see this one ingredient incorporated into each entrée and selection.
- Food trucks are going to become more popular this spring and summer season. Instead of picking your food selections for your guests let them choose what they want from the food truck when it arrives. Options include hamburgers, hot dogs, tacos, pizza, you name it and there’s a food truck that serves it. Kettle corn makes a great snack and what could be better and more fun than having the popcorn truck show up to offer fresh popcorn as an evening snack for your guests!
- Couples are putting an emphasis on wanting their guests to have fun and creating a fun atmosphere for their guests especially when it comes to food. Offering a food item that allows guests to add toppings, flavors or condiments is becoming quite popular. Make your own mini hot dog bar, ice cream sundae bar, s’more bars are becoming the talk of the wedding guests.
- Offering a signature drink to guests during cocktail hour is becoming more popular; you might get a chance to try a banana colada, lemon lime margarita or a strawberry daiquiri this spring. Some couples match the cocktail drink to their theme so you might see some creative names for these cocktail drinks such as; wedding sunset, love potion 9, wedding sunrise.
- Traditional wedding cake is also on its way out as it makes way for dessert buffets so guests can have many different options to choose from. Cheesecake pops; lemon bars, decadent brownies are all very popular options for a dessert buffet.
We are enjoying the warming weather and new fun trends this spring is bringing- we hope you are also!